For Thanksgiving this year I made a vegan pumpkin cheesecake, modified slightly from a recipe found at ChooseVeg, “Pumpkin Cheesecake“. It turned out very well and the addition of maple syrup for the base was a highlight for me.
- 2 cups walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 350 g firm silken tofu, pureed
- 250 ml vegan cream cheese (I used Better than Cream Cheese)
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the ingredients for the base and spread on the bottom of a pan.
- Blend all the cheesecake ingredients and pour onto the base.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.