On the weekend I visited a local farmer’s market and bought a bag of fiddleheads with the intent of preparing them myself for the first time. Fiddleheads are a delicious curled up fern that are prized here in the maritime provinces during the Spring. Here’s the meal I put together.
- 500g or 1lb fiddleheads
- 1.5 cups macaroni (I used gluten-free corn macaroni)
- 1 medium sweet potato (approx 250g or 0.5 lb)
- 1.5 cups nutritional yeast
- Remove stems from fiddleheads and rinse
- Peel and cube sweet potato.
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil and add sweet potato.
- After 5 minutes add fiddleheads.
- After 3 additional minutes, add macaroni.
- Drain once fiddleheads and macaroni are tender.
- Mix in nutritional yeast and serve.