Sometimes a greasy, delicious sandwich is incredibly comforting. I’ve created my ideal grilled cheese sandwich and I’ve gotta share how this is done.
- 2 slices of garlic bread
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 slices of Daiya or similar vegan cheese slices
- vegan margarine
- Heat a cast iron or other pan on medium heat
- Place cheese slices on each piece of bread, put avocado slices between and place bread in sandwich position.
- Spread margarine on the top slice of bread and place that side onto the pan.
- Spread margarine on the other side of the bread.
- Flip once the first side is browned.
- Remove from pan once second side is browned.
If you don’t have access to vegan garlic bread, make some vegan garlic butter to put on the inside of your sandwich.