I returned after a long day of work and a soggy walk home feeling the need for a simple, comforting meal. I had fresh green beans from my father’s garden waiting for me, so I threw together this quick meal.
- 4 cups green beans, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups red lentils
- 200g (7oz) chow mein noodles
- 1 1/2 cup pasta sauce (I recommend “Easy Vegan Pasta Sauce“)
- Vegan parmesan such as Go Veggie! (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the noodles, lentils and beans, reduce the heat to medium,
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Drain water, stir in pasta sauce.
- Serve topped with vegan parmesan.
This recipe makes enough to serve two.