|Image Source: Nagyman|
While it was my intention to write about delicious vegan foods for each day of September, I was derailed by a number of distractions and obligations. Here’s one last recipe for the month.
My roommates and I got together Sunday evening for a house dinner. My contribution, along with some simple brown rice, was a big batch of kimchi pancakes. For the recipe I used to make kimchi, see “A Kimchi Commencement“.
- 2 cups kimchi
- 6 tbs kimchi liquid
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbs coconut oil or olive oil
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix until batter evenly coats kimchi.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil.
- Pour mixture onto pan and spread until thin.
- Flip when underside is golden brown and crisp.
- Cook the other side until similarly crisped.
- Serve and enjoy.