I get precious with maple syrup when my stock is low, because I love it so much. I hadn’t made pancakes for a long while because I didn’t have the enough syrup to make for the ideal meal. I received a new bottle of my family’s maple syrup for Christmas, so it was time. For breakfast this morning I made pancakes based on the recipe The Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes, and they turned out perfectly.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- maple syrup as a topping
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir together liquids in a second bowl.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and whisk until the combination is smooth.
- Heat a cast iron pan or alternative on medium heat and add oil if needed.
- Pour about half a cup of batter onto the pan.
- Flip when bubbles have appeared across the pancake.
- Cook until both sides are browned.
- Serve with maple syrup.