This week I flipped through Peanut Butter Comfort and decided to make the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Oat Squares recipe, with some modifications. These squares are super sweet and have a good chewy texture thanks to the oats.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Oat SquaresCourse: DessertCuisine: veganDifficulty: Easy
These squares are super sweet and have a good chewy texture thanks to the oats.
½ cup margarine, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
6 tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3½ cups large flake oats
½ peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease a 12″x9″ pan with margarine.
- In a large saucepan combine margarine, sugar, cocoa, and almond milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Allow to boil for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat, add peanut butter and vanilla and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in oats until they are uniformly covered.
- Pour into the prepared pan and evenly spread.
- Add chocolate chips to the top, creating an even layer. Press them into the surface but not too far in.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve cut into even squares.