This week I made another recipe from the great Plant-Based Comfort Food Classics, changing it up a bit to fully commit to the purples, reds and pinks in this stew. This vibrant stew is savoury, with surprising flavour compliments from the apples.
Beet, Cabbage & Apple StewCourse: Main DishCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
This vibrant stew is savoury, with surprising flavour compliments from the apples.
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 red onion
2 tsp salt
3 cups cubed beets
1 cup vegetable broth
2 cups water
4 cups finely chopped red cabbage
2 cups sliced apples
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add onions and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beets, water and broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add apples and cook another 10 minutes.