I hadn’t thought to make homemade crackers before spotting a recipe in Beginner’s Guide to Everyday Vegan Cooking but immediately wanted to try it. These crackers are crunchy, and a perfect match for any number of toppings or dips.
Homemade CrackersCourse: SnackCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
These crackers are crunchy, and a perfect match for any number of toppings or dips.
1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
½ cup water
½ tsp white sesame seeds
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp turmeric
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in water and oil. Knead until the dough is smooth. Add flour if too sticky.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or otherwise make non-stick. Roll out dough to be as thin as the sheet and dough allow.
- Cut the dough with a knife into squares or your desired cracker shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until crispy and browned.
- The sesame seeds, cumin and turmeric can be swapped out for dry seasoning of your choice. I chose to go with those to add some colour.