This past weekend I carved a pumpkin with my daughter and wanted a use for the pumpkin guts we removed. The recipe I stumbled upon was from a ski resort, but their “PUMPKIN INNERS SOUP” was actually great. This soup uses the guts from a carved Jack-o’-lantern as the base of a hearty, warming experience.
Pumpkin SoupCourse: Main DishCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
This soup uses the guts from a carved Jack-o’-lantern as the base of a hearty, warming experience.
1 kg (2.2 lbs) pumpkin guts, seeds removed, with large pieces cut small
2 tbsp margarine
2 red onions, diced
3 cups vegetable broth
⅔ cup coconut milk
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook onions until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add pumpkin guts and stir often while frying until golden.
- Add broth, bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and mix completely.
- I enjoyed adding Sriracha sauce to a bowl.