Last night Celestine and I made a variant on 1 Bowl Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies together. Even with her intervention, this recipe was a breeze. This recipe is simple but makes delicious PBJ cookies that are crispy on the outside and gooey inside, with the burst of jam on top.
Peanut Butter and Jam CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is simple but makes delicious PBJ cookies that are crispy on the outside and gooey inside, with the burst of jam on top.
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
10 tsp strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter and sugar until uniformly creamy.
- Add almond milk and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop out roughly 1.5 tbsp of dough and roll into balls. Place the balls about 2½ inches apart on a cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Top each cookie with ½ tsp of jam.
- Bake on the middle rack for 13 minutes. Allow to cool before moving from sheet or eating.