Sleep’s been stalking me for too long to remember. Inevitable I suppose. Sadly though, I’m not looking forward to the prospect. I say “sadly” because there was a time when I actually enjoyed sleeping. In fact I slept all the time.
– Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves
I feel compelled to reread that novel once more this autumn, and I’m hoping my sister will return it in time. If there’s one book that’s haunting and fitting for this season, that’s the one.
Now, to kill some time, I’ll answer some questions that Gaby answered in her blog. Yes, it’s that tedious here at the hotel.
1.What were the last four things you bought? An iron, a messenger bag, soy milk and a chocolate bar.
2.What are four things you regularly drink? Tea, coffee, fruit juices and vanilla cola.
3.What was the last time you cried? A couple months ago.
4.What’s in your CD player? I believe I have Poe’s Hello in my stereo at home, but the last album I listened to was KMFDM’s Symbols.
5. What’s under your bed? Floor, because I don’t use a bed frame.
6. What time did you wake up this morning? I didn’t wake up this morning; I went to sleep around 9am and awoke at 4pm.
7. Current hair?
Tired (that was an honest and very descriptive typo) tied back in my work mode.
8. What are you wearing? My work suit.
9. Current worry? Securing a place to live on November 1st.
10. Current love? I’m giving in to universal love until some romance comes along to become a focus.
11. Current hate? I don’t tend to be hating right now, but I’m never fond of all the conservative politics I hear of daily.
12. Favorite place to be? Parrsboro
13. Favorite ice cream? Cotton candy.
14. If you could play an instrument what would you play? Guitar, cello or violin.
15. Favorite colours? Blue.
16. How tall are you? Around 6′
17. Favorite expression? I’ve been using “excellent” too often lately, but I can’t say it’s a favourite. I’ll have to pass on answering this one because nothing’s coming to mind.
18. One person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to? I think I’d like to talk to my grandmother, who passed away when I was 12. We were very close and I’ve wondered from time to time what she’d think of all that’s happened in my life.
19. One person from your past you wish you could be with right now? Honestly, I’d be happy to spend time with anyone I’ve truly cared about.
20. Favorite Day(s)? Days I’m free of work, especially if I am seeing live music.
21. Where would you like to go? These 12 places, for a start.
22. Where do you want to live? I’d love to live as a nomad and explore the world, but until that’s possible, I’m content to stay here.
23. Favorite food? I love food in general. Chinese foods were long my favourites, but now I find I like a wide range of cultural foods.
24. Number from 1 – 100? 3.
25. Number of pillows you sleep with? Two.
26. What do you wear when you go to sleep? Nothing.
27. Do you like crossword puzzles? I don’t often do them, but they aren’t that bad.
28. Who do you think of most? I think of all my friends often.
29. What do you think you’ll be doing in 10 years? I don’t know, and I find that surprisingly comfortable. Mystery spawns wonder, afterall.
30. Are you paranoid? Nah.
31. Do you prefer clubs or bars? I enjoy either as long as there is good live music.
32. First piercing/tattoo? I’ve not had one yet.
33. Who was your first love? Sincere, romantic love? Ashley.
34. Last person you yelled at? I can’t recall.
35. Last/current crush? As odd as it may sound, a girl juggling on the Dalhousie University campus. There’s something about juggling that interests me.
36. Last thing you ate? A carrot muffin.
37. If you could be a pirate, would you? Not in the violent, harmful sense, but piratespeak and sea life could be loads of fun.
38. Last time you had sex? July.