A couple days ago Jean of Orchids and Violets and Sound Wisdom asked me to respond to the prompt of “5 Reasons Why I Blog“. Thanks for the tagging, Jean. So here I am finally getting around to it.
- I believe there is some value to others in sharing the various things I discover and experience. Whether it’s a facinating link, an expanding practice, uplifting work of art or just a piece of my day, I hope that my sharing here is positive.
- I have a lot of wonderful friends scattered across the globe, and keeping in touch with them is often best done online, with this blog being the best lense I can offer to what’s happening in my life. I also have been blessed to be introduced to friends and strangers through writing here that I would not have otherwise. Using this as a hub of communication has been rewarding for years.
- “My blog is the extension of my personality, my voice, my thinking.” C4Chaos summed up my feelings on the intersection of personality and blogs concisely in his “We’re Natural-Born Spiritual Cyborgs” (more on his Transhumanist Week is coming soon). Blogging is the hub of my internet presence and identity, giving me an opportunity to convey my personality, my thoughts and my presence in digital form.
- Blogging helps me clarify my own toughts and provides me with a valuable tool for exploring where I am and where I wish to go. It’s a mirror for my mental landscape, allowing me to take a better look at my interior.
- I love writing. It’s one of my greatest passions and having a blog gives me a focus for my writing. I enjoy being in the process of composing a post, whether lengthy or not. More than all but the first reason, I think this is my biggest drive to blog.