I cook with red cabbage at least once a month, but I was looking for something new recently and modified a Chinese Red Cabbage recipe and was very happy with the results.
- 1.25kg (2 3/4lb) red cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh root ginger, peeled and diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 clementine orange, separated into slices
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a large wok, place all ingredients except for the sesame seeds and sesame oil.
- Cook on medium heat and stir often until tender and the liquid has evaporated (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in the sesame seeds and oil.