I decided to try making Coffee Break Shortbread cookies from Sweet Vegan Treats. These cookies are brimming with coffee flavour and are perfect for an autumn day.
Coffee Break ShortbreadCourse: DessertCuisine: veganDifficulty: Easy
These cookies are brimming with coffee flavour and are perfect for an autumn day.
½ cup icing sugar
½ cup vegan margarine
1 tbsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
- Mix together sugar and margarine until smoothly and thoroughly combined.
- Add coffee, salt and vanilla, and mix completely.
- Gradually add in flour until all ingredients are incorporated in the dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick alternative.
- Lightly coat a rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of ⅛ inch or 3 mm.
- Use a cookie cutter to get the desired shape for the cookies or scoop out rough shapes with a spoon if you prefer.
- Place cookies on the baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top of the cookie is browned.
- Use a cooling rack to cool the cookies once removed from the oven.