Yesterday I shared about a pumpkin soup I made with the pumpkin guts of the Jack-o’-lantern my daughter and I carved. I also roasted the seeds from that process. This is a basic method for roasting pumpkin seeds that can be adapted to match your taste in seasoning. I enjoyed them well enough myself, but my wife ended up being a raving fan.
Roasted Pumpkin SeedsCourse: SnackCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
This is a basic method for roasting pumpkin seeds that can be adapted to match your taste in seasoning.
Pumpkin seeds from 1 pumpkin
1 tbsp margarine
Seasoning of your choice (I used smoked paprika, Magic Sarup and celery powder)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Melt margarine and mix in seasoning.
- Clean and rinse seeds. Pat dry.
- Mix seeds into the margarine and seasoning.
- Place seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy, up to 40 minutes. Check every 10 minutes to see if they are ready.
- The roasted seeds make a great topping for soup.