Cabbage steak might seem boring, but it’s actually holds rich flavour and a great texture. I knew as soon as I read the Cabbage Steak and ‘Tatoes recipe from The Vegan Stoner that it was exactly what I like in a recipe. A few ingredients and simple prep always make for a better experience preparing a meal, and usually in actually eating it. The results were just what I hoped for. I made some minor changes, including topping with garlic chili sauce, but I highly recommend looking at the original if only for the great design.
- 1 red cabbage, cut into large wedges
- 2 large potatoes, cut into pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 420° F.
- Oil casserole dishes or cooking sheets.
- Place potatoes and cabbage on the sheets.
- Sprinkle olive oil, garlic powder and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip cabbage and potatoes.
- Add the minced garlic on top of the cabbage.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.